Please post your feedback

All feedback is reviewed and may be published on the website.

26 Responses

1. Kimberly says:

Just wanted to say what a pleasure it was to stay at this hotel. My fiance and I went for our 7 year anniversary and were upgraded to a suite right away! Service was great! There was a minor hick up (got charged extra on my Visa by mistake). The staff was awesome with dealing with the error and had the charge reversed within 3 mins when I called to ask about it. Very satisfied customer, would reccommend for sure!

• mark says:

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate that you accepted the fact we can make mistakes. I am glad we handled it to your satisfaction and that your stay was good enough to recommend to others. We look forward to your return one day.
      Regards,
      Mark

2. Greg Faubion says:

Hello,

My wife and I are planning a two day trip in July on the Victoria Clipper and your hotel was one of the choices for a package deal. We were wondering, if we take the morning ferry, we would get to Victoria around 0930. What time is your check in time? Is there a place we can keep our luggage if the time to check in is later than we arrive? We would like to enjoy Victoria to the fullest extent, but dont want to have to drag around all our luggage.

Greg and Lori Faubion

• marionann says:

Thank you for your email Mr. & Mrs. Faubion,
      We are looking forward to having you stay with us and experience Victoria. Our check in is at 3pm, however if your room is available at your time arrival you will be able to check in right away. If your room is not ready we do have our bellmen’s room to store luggage. We would be happy to store your luggage so that you are able to experience Victoria fully. We also have a shuttle van that can pick up from the Clipper. Once you arrive in Victoria please ask any of the Clipper agents to call us to pick you up.
      If you have any further inquiries please do not hesitate to contact us, we are happy to assist you.
      Kindest Regards
      Marion Ann Berry
      Duty Manager
      Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites

3. Lynn Amann says:

Hello: Thank you for the wonderful customer service we received during our visit at Chateau Victoria – we stayed for 6 nights yet we felt like we were there for a month – a wonderful month. Our visit started with a smile from Kim Nowak – and Kim kept after us during our stay – thanks Kim.
    In addition, Braden Peterson, Brice Butkiewicz, Stephen Duncan and Jim Baker were outstanding in helping us have a wonderful vacation. Many others engaged with us as well. You have a wonderful stay! We hope to return in a few years.
    We will gladly recommend your hotel. Thank you. Lynn Amann

• mark says:

Many Thanks for the wonderful mentions of our staff. I’ll be sure they all see your comments. We look forward to your return.
      Regards form the Staff.

4. Mary Drake says:

I have a reservation in October. I have a simple question:
    Do you have WiFi in the guest rooms? Not just a wired internet connection but wireless internet (WiFi)? Thanks.

• mark says:

Hi Mary,
      I found your note in our spam filter. Sorry for not responding. We have recently upgraded our complimentary Wifi so I think you will find it works well.

5. Cecilia Friedt says:

A big thank you to the entire staff at the Chateau Victoria for making our stay a wonderful experience. From the minute I booked the room with Kim, right up to checkout, we received great service. As this was a “girls weekend” away, the complimentary upgrade made us feel like Queens. We are all looking forward to returning next year!!

6. Lorraine Hladik says:

My 4 night stay over Christmas was very relaxing and joyful at the Chateau Victoria. The suite I had was very comfortable and clean, the exercise room’s equipment easy to use and the food in the restaurant excellent. But the best part was the personnel (janitor, hosekeeping, concierge, bellmen, front desk, and wait staff), who were always friendly and treated me as if I were a valued guest. If I am ever in Victoria again, I will definitely stay at the Chateau Vicoria.

• mark says:

Thank you for the Lovely comments Ms Hladik. I’ll be sure to pass them on to all mentioned in your review. All the best for the year ahead.

7. cruciani says:

Hello,

I’m an Italian travel agent and I’m planning a trip To Victoria. I’d like to have some information about your Hotel.
    Is there available parking and how much is the cost?
    do you have any discount for travel agents?
    is the breakfast included?

thanks a lot

kind regards

Giuseppe Cruciani

8. Gwen says:

Good morning

We will be in Victoria in March 2014 and when advising us that we would no longer be able to take up our reservation as they are closing, staff at Executive House Hotel suggested we transfer our booking to Chateau Victoria. I have tried contacting CV reservations directly by email but have so far not received a reply so am wondering if my emails are going astray. EHH staff kindly suggested I try this option. Could you please contact me directly by email.

Many thanks

• mark says:

Thank you Gwen, I have forwarded your request to our reservations department and they will be in touch with you directly.
      Regards

9. Gwen says:

Thank you. Unfortunately I will now be without email access commencing in about an hour, for more than a week. There was no email this morning but I guess it will be waiting for me when I can access my emails again. In the meantime could you please reserve a suite with a full kitchen for two people March 2 2014 to March 9 2014. Thank you Gwen

10. Patsy says:

On our bill, it said $1.05 charge for destination marketing fee. I called the hotel direct I though, the # on the web site. Wierd

• mark says:

That sounds right Patsy. All Victoria hotels charge a 1% destination Marketing Fee to support Tourism Victoria’s marketing efforts. Most major cities and resort destinations do this now.

11. Tom Burg says:

On behalf of the Jordan’s and the Burg family please know we really were impressed with your hotel, the staff was so very good and all was beyond our expectations. So the Clives and the Vista 18 were at the top!! Could you talk the Chef into awarding us with the recipe for the veggie fries??

• mark says:

Thank you for the great comments Mr. Burg, Im sorry but your comment went into the spam filter file and I just saw this now. I will have our chef pass on his recipe for Veggie fries. Regards,
      Mark

12. Kathy says:

Recently my sister and I stayed at your hotel for a sisters reunion. From the moment we checked in until the moment we left we were treated like royalty. The entire staff was friendly, helpful and very kind. In particular I would like to compliment Keith Taylor, Bellman and Wiley, Bar tender they went above and beyond customer service! My husband and I typically stay at The Empress as we live in Seattle but after this trip it will always be the Chateau Victoria… Best regards!

• mark says:

Many thanks for the kind words about our hotel Kathy. Hospitality really is about people and I am so glad we provide a great memory of Victoria. We certainly look forward to your next visit from Seattle and I can assure you a great many from our community just love their Seattle fix too.

13. I am writing a book about statues in Victoria. It is my fourth book in a series called Conversations With Monuments. The Shaker statue in front of your hotel is one of those I plan to include. I wasn’t able to discern from the history on your website whether Clive Piercy is still around and the owner of the Chateau Victoria. If you can provide any further information or anecdotes regarding Mr. Piercy, that would be much appreciated, particularly any stories regarding his interactions with employees or guests at this hotel.
    Thank you.
    Kathleen Francis

• mark says:

Mr. Piercy is still the owner and operator of our family business. Did you know the family business goes back to the mid 1800′s when Clive’s grandfather, Mr. John Piercy ran a Wholesale dry goods store on Yates Street and Langley. The building was torn down in 1963 and a large parkade took it’s place but the Piercy name has been a large part of our local business scene for centuries now. Clive is still a big part of our hotel and he is loved by the staff here. The day to day is managed by Brenda Ollis, our General Manager but Mr. Piercy keeps us on track with our vision to remain authentically local. You will see him about two or three times a week in the hotel and he always makes sure to attend employee events and celebrations. I have to check on the validity of this next point but I think the statue is a result of Mr. Piecry’s love of the arts. Nathan Scott’s donation of a commissioned sculpture wasn’t getting enough action at a fundraiser so Clive kept upping the bid and eventually won the donation. So many of our visitors get thier picture with Shaker and Clive that we are planning to build a special place either on our website or in social media for people to post their picture of their crew visiting the statue. Like the hotel, we just love the fact that it can help bring people together for a moment that remains a fond memory of their visit to Victoria.