May 17, 2012
Our Bar and Bartender are recognized on the world stage again in 2012.
Held during the 10th Anniversary Tales of the Cocktail®, the Spirited Awards® will honor the world’s best bars, bartenders, writers cocktail experts and more.
New Orleans – May 17, 2012 – Following a rigorous evaluation of hundreds of nominees, ten finalists for each award category have been chosen for the 6th Annual Spirited Awards®, recognizing the year’s best bars, bartenders, writers, experts and more. American and international judging committees comprised of the most respected minds in the cocktail industry selected the finalists for the 17 award categories. Winners will be announced Saturday July 28 at the Spirited Awards® ceremony being held at the Hyatt Regency Hotel, as part of the Tales of the Cocktail® 10th anniversary celebration.
World’s Best Hotel Bar
- Artesian at The Langham – London, United Kingdom
- Clive’s Classic Lounge at the Chateau Victoria – Victoria, British Columbia
- Clyde Common – Portland, Oregon
- The Connaught – London, United Kingdom
- Lantern’s Keep at The Iroquois Hotel – New York, New York
- Roomer’s Bar – Frankfurt, Germany
- Sable Kitchen and Bar at Hotel Palomar – Chicago, Illinois
- The Spare Room at The Roosevelt – Los Angeles, California
- Vesper Bar at The Cosmopolitan – Las Vegas, Nevada
- The Zetter Townhouse – London, United Kingdom
International Bartender of the Year
- Massimo Greco
- Misty Kalkofen
- Zdenek Kastanek
- Alex Kratena
- Max Larocca
- Sam Ross
- Michael Madrusan
- Shawn Soole
- Phil Ward
- Dushan Zaric
If you are down to Clive’s, be sure to wish Shawn and his crew, all the best at the Tales of the Cocktail event in July. Just being nominated is a great honor. For more information on the event, click here.