Experience the uniqueness of Victoria Harbour – the character, history, industry and beauty – on Sunday June 16th on the waters of Victoria’s Inner Harbour and on Songhees and Ship Point, the traditional territory of the Coast Salish Peoples.
Just blocks from Chateau Victoria, you’ll find loads of activities for the whole family from 11am to 4pm including:
- Sand Sculpture Showcase and Workshops – learn the basics of sand sculpting
- The Harbour Race – open to everyone of all experience levels
- Traditional Greenland Sea Kayak Rolling Demonstration
- Paddling Tours and Fun Races – enjoy traditional paddling in dragon boats
- Maritime Entertainment – rousing choruses of sea shanties
- Walking Tours of the Harbour – learn about Victoria’s Waterfront
- Try a Boat or Board – sea kayaks, stand up paddle boards, and rowing boats
- Victoria Harbour Ferry Ballet – a 20 minute marine ballet performance
- Point Hope Maritime Tours – shipyard tours celebrating 140 year history
- Maritime Museum’s Pirate School – create treasure maps and become skilled buccaneers
- Seaquest Explorer Open House – moored at Ship Point dock
Harbour Ferry Shuttles will be shuttling between Songhees and Ship Point so that everyone gets an opportunity to enjoy all there is to see and do.
For more details and a schedule of activities visit Celebrate Victoria Harbour’s website.Tags: Events, family, inner harbour, local, things to do, tourism, vancouver island, victoria