This year Canada celebrates its 146th birthday. Happy Birthday Canada! Canada Day really kicks off the summer as people across the country get outdoors and join in the festivities. Victoria has a huge family-friendly celebration in the Inner Harbour filled with live performances, a Kid’s Zone and even a Living Flag. If you’re in Victoria this weekend, here’s what you need to know to have a great time:
- Events run from Sunday June 30 to Monday July 1.
- The Main Stage is located on the Legislature Lawn and has regular performances both days.
- Kid’s Zone is located on the Legislature Lawn and includes bouncy castles, mural painting and more.
- You can participate in the Living Flag by bringing a group of 6 or more, all wearing your own red or white shirts. There are some shirts available, but it is best to bring your own. Arrive around 12:30 at the Legislature Lawn.
- Ship Point hosts The Zone Stage with live entertainment both days.
- A Flavour of Canada is a Multicultural Food Village and Activity Centre located at Ship Point. Emerging artists and cultural groups are showcased.
- Fireworks begin at 10:20pm and can be viewed from anywhere near the inner harbour.
To see the full schedule and map, visit Victoria Canada Day’s website.