Meet Our People
One of the most consistent guest comments at the Chateau is about our friendly, helpful employees who are genuinely happy to serve. Chateau Victoria employees seem to collectively view the hotel as an extension of their home and customers are viewed as valued visitors. Visitors worthy of making all the fuss we can to ensure they have the best possible stay in Victoria. It is hard to explain why this hotel just seems to be a friendlier, happier hotel than most. Perhaps it is the way we want our colleagues to look at their work.
The Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites proudly boasts a diverse working environment that focuses on work/life balance, family values and ongoing professional development.
We offer competitive industry wages with a comprehensive employee benefit package as well as numerous employee privileges such as dining discounts, special friends and family guest room rates, staff meal program, long service recognition, purchasing and discount programs, and annual employee events. The Chateau Victoria understands the importance of continued education and has educational allowances available for all employees after just one year of employment.
Working at the Chateau Victoria tends to be a long term commitment. It is not because we have to work here as much as it is that we enjoy working here. We have several employees with 15, 20 and even 30 years of service. These long term employees, along with our more recent recruits, are the backbone of our operations and help us to maintain our vision of “unique and unparalleled commitment to our guests, our team and our community.” For further information on our community spirit, visit our community and environment links.
If you are interested in becoming a member of our fun and rewarding workplace take a moment to check out our recent employment opportunities located at the bottom of the page.
Our Management Team
Director of Sales and Marketing
Assistant General Manager
Front Office Manager
Food and Beverage Manager
|Marion Ann Berry
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
Current Career Opportunities
Bar Manager – Clive’s Classic Lounge
Clive’s Classic Lounge, located in the Chateau Victoria Hotel is seeking a Bar Manger to join our progressive team. Recently a finalist for “World’s Best Hotel Bar” at Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans, Clive’s Classic Lounge is a well-established lounge focused on providing exceptional cocktails and service in an upscale and high volume environment.
- Responsible for development and management of the intensive cocktail program with specific focus on management of a large spirits collection and staff training.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in a high volume environment, while maintaining high standards and professionalism.
- Prior experience in social media and promotional event management an asset.
This is a full time position with industry leading compensation and a benefits package. Only successful candidates will be contacted, resumes via email only. Please forward resume to Kevin Neilson, Food and Beverage Manager, email@example.com
Guest Services Agent – Front Desk
- Provides customer service and handles administrative duties that are routine and straightforward, such as the check-in and check-out of guests, handling guest concerns, assisting with the arrivals and departures of groups and tours, and luggage storage.
- Follows established procedures and policies when completing tasks
- Acts as an Ambassador for the Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites
- Handles cash, cheques, credit and debit card transactions
- Other duties as required
- 2 or more year’s previous hotel experience and/or customer service experience preferred
- Must be flexible; schedule will include holiday relief, week-ends and evenings.
- Proficiency in keyboarding and computer applications required
- Proven organization, communication and multi-tasking skills required
- Accounting, cash handling, and shift balancing experience an asset
- Must be friendly and outgoing and extremely presentable and well groomed
- Must work well in a team environment and respond well to direction
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and multi-functional team environment required
- Some Experience with conflict resolution an asset
Please forward resume to Marla Hunt, Front Desk Manager firstname.lastname@example.org