At Chateau Victoria we are committed to supporting our local community in all that we do. We believe that initiatives that begin in your own backyard will spread across the province, the country, and even the globe.
We consider both the present and the future in all the choices we make. Here are some of our proudest contributions:
- Supporting the Arts – We are a host hotel for the Pacific Opera Victoria and a Platinum Sponsor of the Victoria Symphony.
- Supporting Cancer Research – We made a $250,000 Capstone donation to the “inspire the World” campaign. We have also contributed to many festivals and fund raisers like Victoria Dragon Boat Festival for the BC Cancer Foundation.
- Supporting AIDS Research – Participated in Dine out for Life – we donated 25% of dinner revenues for a day to AIDS Vancouver Island.
- Supporting Respite – We are a sponsor hotel of the Respitality Care Program and through the Piercy Respite Hotel made a $1M donation to the Vancouver Island Health Authority.
- Supporting an End to Poverty – We donated $3,720 through the United Way Payroll Program. We hold the Annual Pancakes with Mr. and Mrs. Claus event, where 100% of proceeds go to the Times Colonist Christmas Fund – to date we have raised over $50,000. We have also fundraised for the Mustard Seed Food Bank.
- Supporting Good Causes with Great Accommodations – Annually we donate over 600 gift certificates to various local charities.