COVID-19 (July 2, 2020)
Under the guidance of our Public Heath Agency, British Colombians have done an exceptional job in minimizing the spread of COVID19 in our province. Along with the rest of Canada, we are seeing the ability for our province to take small steps re-opening our economy in Phase three.
These are the “Early Days” as far as the total timeline in which COVID19 will govern our way of life, however, we are looking at steps as a tourism community to help our guests to Explore BC with health and safety in mind. Here at the Chateau Victoria, we are making every effort to ensure the safety of our hotel guests and employees, which includes additional communication and preventative measures as recommended by the BC Center for Disease Control.
As BC begins to re-open, allowing restaurants and bars to return to full service at establishments, we at the Chateau Victoria are considering the safest and most efficient way to deliver service to you in our Vista 18 Restaurant + Lounge as well as Clive’s Classic Lounge. The generous space on our 18th floor allowed us to open Vista 18 on June 11 and has served our guests well. We are now ready to add Clive’s Classic Lounge on our lobby level into our service offering as of July 9th, 2020.
Amenities open now include our Pool, Hot Tub and Exercise Room These services are restricted to one social bubble at a time, managed by the front desk. Services which remain on temporary hold: Guest water & coffee service in the lobby. Please feel free to ask us about potential re-opening dates for these services when booking your stay, and know that many wonderful nearby restaurants are open and available for take out and delivery.
Safety Protocols: Our rooms and suites remain open with extremely high protocols relating to human contact, cleaning, and sanitization. Our public space and elevators have guidelines to direct our guests in the safest possible manner and are carefully maintained under our enhanced cleaning protocols.
We can assure you that your health, safety and comfort are paramount in everything we do as we welcome you back. As an independent, local family owned hotel, these values have always been part of who we are. We ask our guests to adhere to the following:
1. In respect of all people, please maintain the 6 foot (2 metres) social distance rule in all areas of the hotel.
2. Please travel our elevators with no more than one person or group at a time.
3. Please wash your hands or use our sanitization stations when entering the hotel or leaving your room and avoid touching your face.
4. To ensure your safety as well as our employees we do not rent a room until it has been vacant for at least 24 hours. In room housekeeping services during your stay will not be provided. Garbage removal and extra supplies & amenities will be available upon request.
5. If you feel unwell and are experiencing symptoms of covid, contact your health care provider or call HealthlinkBC (8 – 1 – 1) immediately. Inform the front desk and follow instructions provided.
To our valued guests with current, future or potential stays booked with us, we will continue to monitor this situation closely and will update our notice as adjustments are necessary. Please be assured that under these unique circumstances, your cancellation fees arising out of this situation will be waived. If you plan to visit us this summer, be sure to inquire about “The Early Days” (TED) rate.
Please stay safe with us.
Chateau Victoria Hotel & Suites