COVID-19 (September 11, 2020)
As we head into fall 2020 it is more important than ever to follow the guidance of our Public Health Agency in order to maintain our work to flatten the curve of COVID19 infection in our province.
Here at the Chateau Victoria, we are making every effort to ensure the safety of our hotel guests and employees, which includes additional communication and preventative measures as recommended by the BC Center for Disease Control.
To our valued guests with current, future or potential stays booked with us, we will continue to monitor this situation closely and will update our notice as adjustments are necessary. Please be assured that under these unique circumstances, your cancellation fees arising out of this situation will be waived.
To combat recent spikes in outbreaks, we have a new Public Health Order issued by Dr. Bonnie Henry that all alcohol service must stop at 10pm. In order to comply with this new Health Order both Clive’s Classic Lounge, patio and Vista 18 will cease operations at 10pm for food and beverage Wednesday to Sunday. Please visit each website and learn of procedures specific to each outlet if you are considering a visit as news might change quickly in the days and weeks ahead.
Hotel amenities open include our Pool, Hot Tub and Exercise Room These services are restricted by capacity, managed by the front desk. To access these areas, please go to the front desk for instructions before heading to each facility.
New services in place now are our Java Bar with both fresh espresso & drip coffee as well a range of great grab and go items located right at the entrance of the hotel. Outdoor seating is also available while the weather holds.
Services which remain on temporary hold: Guest shuttle service.
Safety Protocols: Our rooms and suites remain open with extremely high protocols relating to human contact, cleaning, and sanitization. Our public space and elevators have guidelines to direct our guests in the safest possible manner and are carefully maintained under our enhanced cleaning protocols.
We can assure you that your health, safety and comfort are paramount in everything we do as we welcome you back. As an independent, local family owned hotel, these values have always been part of who we are. We ask our guests to adhere to the following:
1. New Measures as of July 29: No more than 5 visitors to a room or suite are allowed by order of the Provincial Health Officer. Names & Contact information must be provided to the hotel for contact tracing. Violation of the health order could result in fines up to $2,000
2. In respect of all people, please maintain the 6 foot (2 metres) social distance rule in all areas of the hotel including our front desk. We recommend wearing a mask in indoor public spaces but it is not mandatory.
3. Please travel our elevators with no more than one person or group at a time.
4. Please wash your hands or use our sanitization stations when entering the hotel or leaving your room and avoid touching your face.
5. To ensure your safety as well as our employees we will not enter an occupied room. In room housekeeping services during your stay will not be provided. Garbage removal and extra supplies & amenities will be available upon request. We also rotate the use of our rooms in order to provide minimum contact over a given period of time.
6. If you feel unwell and are experiencing symptoms of covid, contact your health care provider or call HealthlinkBC (8 – 1 – 1) immediately. Inform the front desk and follow instructions provided.
Please stay safe with us.
Chateau Victoria Hotel & Suites